This is my first Premiere Pro extension. It exports Blackmagic Fusion composition from selected clips in Adobe Premiere Pro (tested with Adobe Premiere Pro CC2019 (13.1.5 build 47) and Blackmagic Design Fusion 16.2 build 22). I did the first version two years ago but now I want to share with you and develop it more.
For now, it only exports video clips and image sequences to loaders. It does not transfer effects, transformation data and does not support nested sequences. This is however a very useful script when you want to fast and easily get clips from Premiere Pro to Fusion with correct trims. There is an option to put handles and to set custom start frame for Fusion. There is also checkbox if you want that script automatically open the exported comp file.
If the video clip has changed speed or time reversed, exporter creates a “Time Speed” node for that (does not support time ramps). Keep in mind that the start and end frames might be one frame off due to rounding error, also handles does not support changed speed or time reversed clips.
- Image sequences: JPEG, PNG, TIFF, DPX, EXR
- Video files: MP4, MOV, R3D (does not export modified RAW settings)
Because this is an unsigned extension you’ll have to install it manually and do some configurations to Premiere’s registry file. You can read more about that here.
- Download FusionCompExporter (download link is in the end of this post).
- Modify the registry entry
Windows enable_custom_extensions.reg (right click and save as)
Mac “defaults write /Users/ username /Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist PlayerDebugMode 1”
- Put FusionCompExporter folder to
Windows “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions”
Mac “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions”
- Launch / restart Premiere Pro.
- Open extension: Window > Extensions > Fusion Comp Exporter
How to use
- Select clips on timeline that you want to export to Fusion.
- Press Export button and choose where you want to save the file.
- Open the comp with Fusion and you are ready to do your VFX work.
> Fixed frame rate bug.
> Handles offsets the starting frame (as they should).
> Added support to export non trimmed loaders (animated savers).
> Added support to export only timecode and frame number data.